Question
Posted by: Confused | 2010/09/08

Low % normal forms

Hi doctor.

Could you please advise. My husband an I have been trying to concieve for almost a year and a half with no luck. We both went for checkups and my husband''s semen analysis said that he only has 6% normal forms, the rest of the results were normal. Our doctor just told us to go and see a urologist, but didn''t give any explanation as to why or what the results mean.

So we went looking on the internet, and to all horror read that this is something that can''t be corrected and that IVF would be neccesary if we want to have a baby. We really can''t afford such a procedure and we are really saddened by this. I would just like to know, does this mean that there is absolutely no chance of me being able to fall pregnant naturally?

We are both still young, wich at this stage is at least an advantage. I am 23 and my husband is 26. We don''t smoke or drink, and were both of normal weight.

Dear Confused

One should perhaps look at the option of intrauterine insemination as your first line of treatment as this is cost effective and if repeated regularly may well yield a pregnancy.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/09/13

Dear Confused

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert