Question
Posted by: Liefie | 2011/10/27

Low Mag and Potasium

I have a severe deficency of the above. I am in the late 40 and are not very active. I have noticed that my muscles are a problem. Not so strong anymore and flexable. How can i start to stretch my muscle and SLOWLY start to do some form of non resistance excercises. Please help.

Hi Liefie

Have you worked out the reason for the deficiency? That's very rare, unless there is a condition that has been diagnosed. Very few people are deficient, because our heart needs potassium especially to function properly. If there is a condition, then it needs medical treatment first, that's the biggest priority.

As for muscles, again, I think you need to sort out the condition first, because you're just fighting physiology if it's true that your potassium and magnesium is low. Obviously, correct that first with supplements (and a doctor's supervision) and then build into a training programme. There's no secret, and sadly no short cut, just a very slow start and build up.

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/10/30

Hi Liefie

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc