Posted by: abc | 2013-02-15

Low lying placenta

I''m 8 weeks pregnant and I''ve had a lot of spotting and light bleeding throughout my pregnancy. Had some heavier bleeding yesterday, and went to my gynae today who did a scan and confirmed that baby was still OK, but that my placenta is quite low.

She''s told me no sex or exercise until 12 weeks at which point we''ll re-asses, but is there anything else I should / shouldn''t be doing at this point?
And then unrelated question, how much weight should I be gaining during my first trimester?

You should follow your gynaecologists advice. I also advise that you refrain from any form of exercise. If possible, have as much bedrest. You should gain between 1 and 3 kilograms in your first trimester.