Question
Posted by: sandles | 2009/12/17

low lying placenta

Hi. I am 9wks pregnant with my 3rd child. Started bleeding at 8 wks and dr said it is a low lying placenta. Was in bed for a week, but it has stopped now.
My first child was born at 32 weeks due to firstly leaking amnio fluid and then bleeding, which was caused by placenta previa.
My 2nd pregnancy was fine, no trouble born at 39wks.
What i would like to know, if it is the same thing happening in my 3rd than in my 1st pregnancy. What is the chances of this happening during the rest of the pregnancy?
Would secondly like to know if i can still spin (cycling)?
And thirdly if my husband and i can have intercourse or not?
thank you so much

Low lying placentas are very common at 9 weeks and many of them will move aws the pregnancy progresses. It is too soon to say what will happen in this pregnancy, but I would not recommend spinning or intercourse at this stage.

1