Posted by: Mommy-to-be | 2008-11-01

Low libido in second trimester

I am married to a gorgous and very attractive man and I' m 5 months pregnant. But my need to make love to him is almost non existent and not only does it result in guilt - because I so want to forfill his needs - but I end up having sex that I don' t enjoy.. Sex itself now is uncomfortable and sore - hence me steering away from it. This, while all the articles regarding pregnancy, states that my sexual desire should increase?

What can I do to increase my libido and look after my man needs before he goes and look for it elsewhere?

No mommy-to-be, only some women experience an increase in libido, many other experience a decrease like you. If you are uncomfortable and sore, speak to your husband about how you feel and perhaps discuss what you would prefer - eg. perhaps you could stimulate him in one way or another and only be sexual when you really want to. Try not to set yourself up to resent sex later because you're forcing yourself now...