Posted by: LIBBY | 2013-02-02

Low libido

I am seeing my gynaeciologist next month for my annual, and I was wondering if he could do any examination to determine my low sex drive, I dont want to ask him to examine my clitoris or g spot, if its not routine, so if there is a name for a specific examination to determine why my sex drive has died over the last few years, sex is now like a chore, and we have sex 2 olr 3 times a month, and I want it over very quickly, and I know my husband is suffering in silence, and I have tried to be available, but I just dont get the feeling anymore, even when he sucks my nipples, which used to drive me wild, I hardly get wet, a muff dive is just for him, but does nothing for me anymore, I can still orgasm when I am on top, but I have to really work it, I am 45 now, and in very good health, slim, eat well, exercise, everything. I was wondering if a gynaecologist does an exam to test my sexual response, or in my case lack of it, to see why everything is not working as it should. I have had blood tests, and thyroid is working fine with eltroxin, so thats fine, so it must have something to do with my clitoris or g spot, I think.

The sex drive cannot be examined by examining your genitalia. The most likely cause is your age and the fact that your hormone levels are probably decreasing as you approach menopause. Discuss hormone replacement with your gynaecologist.