Question
Posted by: David | 2012/07/03

Low libido

My girlfriend is seven months pregnant, she does not get aroused and she is not interested in sex, in fact she feels irritated whenever I touch her. It realy frustrates me because we used to have sex almost on a daily basis and it was great. I am patient for her but sometimes it gets tough. Is it because of the emotional stress that comes with pregnancy or what? Is she going to be normal again? Please advise!!

Most women experience a lack of interest in sex during the 1st and 3rd tri-mester (http://pregnancy.about.com/od/sexuality/a/Sex-In-Pregnancy.htm). It mostly has to do with the hormonal changes; fatigue and body discomfort. The interest does however usually return at a later stage. It is however advisable to bear in mind that once the baby is born there will most probably be certain changes that both of you will have to adapt to and prepare for. It is advisable to seek the professional guidance of a psychologist to assist you both in adapting to the changes and the new challenges to your relationship.
For further information please consult SASHA’s website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com.

5
Posted by: Annie | 2012/07/03

" for better or for worse, in sickness and in health" 
Sorry to hear of your wife''s diagnosis I hope through faith that you choose to do the right thing.

Reply to Annie
Posted by: Craig | 2012/07/03

My wife was diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease about 3 years ago and is on medication. Our sex life has ceased to exist and I am desperate. She doesn''t see that there is a problem

Reply to Craig
Posted by: Ruth | 2012/07/03

Its not a given that emotional stress comes with being pregnant.
Is your g/f feeling stable in this relationship?
Wank it off rather than seeking a fling - better the devil you know than the devil you dont !

Reply to Ruth
Posted by: David | 2012/07/03

Or should I catch a fling while waiting for her to deliver?

Reply to David
Posted by: Sexologist | 2012/07/03

Reply to Sexologist