Question
Posted by: ANON | 2010-05-17

LOW LIBIDO

Please help. I have no libido anymore, what has happened? I used to even get aroused at that time of the month, even that has gone. I am on medication for hypertension. Is there something I can take. I hate what this is doing to my relationship. i want to give my partner more and what he deserves.

Dear Anon,

I would strongly recommend you to consult a sex therapist in your area. There has been groundbreaking new research with regards to better understanding libido in women and the therapist would be in a position to share this with you and your partner sensitively and in much detail.

It is now known that some women some of the time experience a physical sensation which they interpret as an indication that they are feeling "horny" or desiring sex. It is also known that especially after the birth of a first child and as a women ages, for the some women who did sometimes experience a physical sensation of desiring sex diminishes. Factors such as the side effects of the pill and other medications also can add to the reduction in the experience of physical sensation of desire.

Most women most of the time are receptive to sex based on psychological motivations such as a desire for affection, desire for intimacy, a desire to feel wanted, to feel attractive,etc. Based on this primarily psychological motovation a women may initiate a sexual encounter or be receptive to the advances of the partner based on these. Then depending on how well the partner knows the women's body and what kind of stimulation works for her, is then able to physically stimulate her to a state of arousal, at which poin the women more often experiences the physical sensations of desire which now join her initial psychological desire and she may then continue the sexual encounter.

The reason men more often feel a physical sensation as an indication of their sexual desire is because the penis and scrotum hangs outside the body. Any form of stimulation results in blood flow into the penis causing weight and tension which the man interprets as horniness. A women's genitals are internal.

I hope this helps to clarify.

3
Posted by: sexologist | 2010-05-18

Dear Anon,

I hope this helps to clarify.

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: ANON | 2010-05-17

Thanks Seth. Nice to know I am not the only one.

Reply to ANON
Posted by: Seth | 2010-05-17

Hi there, it is most likely the medication you are taking in addition to that you feel anxious and that leeds to having a reduced libido. I too am on different medications and found that my libido has decreased. It is the strong desire and urge that has gone. My fiance and I found that this does not lead to much problems when it comes down to performing. I recomend, even if you guys don''t feel like it, just get into bed and start fondeling and foreplay, you will soon be in the mood and ready for action. This way there will be no need to try and get into the mood and things just start to happen once you are already in the setting. Don''t try libido enhancers as they just alter your mood and this leads to more anxiety and pressure. Alter your state of mind by yourself rather. Best of luck.

Reply to Seth