Question
Posted by: Budda | 2010-02-06

low libido

I always hear that people say that they have this feeling for sex, they feel the urge to have sex, they want it now,that tipe of feeling..I on the other hand do not feel those urges...if I get stimulted it will happen but that urge to do it, that feeling they say they have...I dont' t ...is there something mentaly wrong with me.. I enjoy sex when I have it but I will not jump onto my wife and say I want sex now...I feel very uncomfortable about this as it makes feel that I am not normal in that sense. Please could you giver me some advice on this matter.

Dear Budda,

The issue of experiencing sexual desire (both physical and psychological) is quite complex and variable across people. Not everyone experiences the same amount of desire in the same intensity and in the same frequency. You find a range, like a spectrum, amongst all of us. It is also quite different between men and woman as well.

As a man, you get men who experience very intense sexual desires very regularly all the way to men who only experience some desire some times and at times it may be mostly an emotional desire and others it may be physical.

We must be careful of measuring ourselves against others.

For some men there may be a hormonal factor that can play a role. There is a link between testosterone levels and sexual desire in men.

I would suggest you consult a sex therapist that could advise you in more detail, also coud arrange a test of your testesterone level and work on focusing on what will make you and your wife happy and less on how you compare to others.

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2010-02-07

Dear Budda,

Reply to Sexologist