Posted by: Jack | 2009-04-13

Low libido

Hi Doctor

I am so worried lately. My libido is non-existent. I am 22 years old and I feel I am abnormal to have to sex drive at this age. What can I do? Is there any foods that will help me in the long run?
I am following a healthy eating plan currently.

I dont think the problem is psychological. I am in a new relationship and things are going very well. I should be having an increased libido.

Please help.

Hallo Jack
Libido problems (not in the mood for sex or don't feel the want to have sex) are often caused by medication, anabolic steroid use or stress or relationship problems. Erectile dysfunction ( i.e. you want to have sex but you can't get an erection) can be caused by diseases like hypertension, diabetes, certain medications, low testosterone etc. If you get early morning erections it is unlikely to be a physical problem and a psychological cause is then more likely.
One should first try to find the cause - if you think it is physical, see your GP for a full medical examination. If you suspect it could be psychological, you may need to discuss with a therapist. See Mens' health clinics