Posted by: help | 2009-03-18

low libido

im currently on the injection,since octobe rlast year an didnt have libido problems, bt th epast two weeks ive noticed htat as much as im in th mood fro sex, i dnt come, it either takes forever for me to or it doesnt happen at all, im on the 2month injection and i dnt wana go back to the pill as i dnt want any oopsies,so is ther anything i could take to boost my libido whilst on the injection? ive seen a few pottions from the adult store also saw smthn at dischem, bt i jus wana knw is it wise to use such stuff? which wud u recommend i use? help i need to save my marriage

The contraceptive injection can impact on sexual functioning, yes. There is no licensed drug on the market to currently assist with libido, so i would recommend that you either speak to your prescribing doctor to try to find alternative contraceptive preparations, or try to work around it by using things which boost your arousability (e.g. lubricant, fantasy, focusing more on sensations). I also wonder if anything else has been going on in the past two weeks which might have impacted on sexual function ( other medication, stress increases, etc)?