Posted by: concerned | 2009-02-17

low libido

hi, is there something in the market with or without prescription that I can get to help me with low libido?
if I need a prescription do I get it from my GP or Gynae?
I have been through tramautic changes in my life, but I dont want my sex life to affect my love life as well.
I enjoy the intimacy but quite often I feel that I really need a little more
please help

Emotional and psychological trauma often has an impact on sexual desire. You could contact your general practitioner to see if there is medication that you could take to alleviate your emotional/psychological distress. Effective dealing with the emotional pain and trauma might be a constructive route to explore you could be assisted to put the trauma behind you and focus on what you want to create now. A professional psychologist/sexologist will also be able to assist you in taking the necessary steps to effectively focus on your sex/intimate/love life.

A website that could be helpful is You are welcome to phone the SASHA Helpline – 0860 100 262; and a facilitator will be able to assist you in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.