Posted by: lole | 2009-02-16

low libido

Hi i think i have a problem, i was single for 2 and half years and recently met a wonderful guy who is loving and understanding however my problem is that i am not sure if we are sexually compitable. I have recently noticed that i low desire for sex( i just dont get turned on) if it happens it diminishes quickly and add to that i have never had an orgasm from penetration a couple of times i have orgasmed from musterbation. This is worrying me and my partner. I also would like if you can recommend medication which i can take for the low libido im really frustrated.By the way i am 29 years old.Your help will be gratly appreciated i dont know what to do.

Being sexually attracted from the beginning of a relationship is quite important – sexual intimacy is often the glue that bonds a couple and differentiates a sexual relationship from a friendship relationship. Are you really sexually into him? Or are you just so “in love” with is sensitive understanding part that you are in the relationship just to have company? If you are not that into him that much then that could contribute to you not having a high desire for sex with him. Furthermore most women – 70% need clitoral stimulation in combination with penetration to be able to reach an orgasm. Most women do not reach an orgasm just with penetration.

A website that could be helpful is You are welcome to phone the SASHA Helpline – 0860 100 262; and a facilitator will be able to assist you in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.