Posted by: AMA | 2010-11-29

i am a 34year old with no kid(s) had miscarried at 7weeks (16Nov2010) and had gone for uterus evacuation on the 17th.
My Gyane mentioned something about low level of my progesterone. What could be the cause for it to be low?
In July 2010 i had my fibroids removed and since the procedure i have problem with gas and still have menstrual pains.
What do i have to do or take in order for i to be able to conceive again or increase the progesterone level?
Any chance for me to be pregnant again anytime soon?

Dear AMA

The problem of inadequate or insufficient progesterone in the early parts of pregnancy is a reflection of the function of the corpus luteum in the ovary. In cases of corpus luteal insufficiency it is important to supplement with progesterone. This supplementation should start as soon as the pregnancy is diagnosed. The fact that you conceived recently indicates that there is no immediate fertility problem and unless you do not conceive within the next 9-months, I would suggest that you have investigations done thereafter.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim