Question
Posted by: Petro | 2009/02/16

Low Level of Immunoglobulin IGG4

I was resently in hospital after unresolved pneumonia for four weeks and was on amikacin and maxipine for a week due to a pseudomonas infection. The doctor also mensioned that my Immunoglobulin IGG4 level was 0.0019. What could be the cause for that, as I am currently having pneumonia again.

Hallo Petro
Low Gammaglobulin levels can be caused by smoking, excessive exercise, it can be genetic, it can be a primary disease of the immunity system, it can also be caused by radiation, cortisone, cancer drugs or phenytoin (an antiepilepsy drug). Often the cause is not found.