Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2011/11/21

Low laying placenta

Hi, I am currently 14weeks pregnant and was diagnosed last week with low laying placenta. I have had some spotting and having cramping almost daily. Dr put me on bed rest for a few days but now my work is asking me what I want to do as my job requires me to be on my feet most of the day (10hours) and this is said to aggrivate the cramping and bleeding. Is this required for the rest of my pregnancy or could I still carry on working for a few more weeks? What are the dangers? And what precautions do I need to be taking? Please help.

Usually you should take a week off to rest and then carry on. Most low lying placentas at this early stage move up later in the pregnancy.

1