low iron diet

please advice

Dear Anonymous
I am not sure what you require and I would like some additional information. For example do you need a diet that is low in iron because you are suffering from iron-overload? or is your present diet low in iron causing anaemia?? If you have iron-overload then I trust that you are receiving medications that will bind some of the iron so that it can be excreted and that you donate blood regularly. To reduce the iron content of your present diet you will need to cut out all red meat, all organ meats (liver, kidneys, etc), egg yolks, iron-fortified cereals and bread (all wheat bread and maize meal is fortified with iron in SA), and foods such as spinach and dried fruit. Also make sure that you do not take any vitamin or mineral supplements that contain iron as this will make the condition worse. Concentrate on eating fresh fruit, non-iron containing vegetables, poultry and white fish in small quantities, oats, rye bread, milk and dairy products.
If you need to increase your iron intake please post a new message stating this so that I can give you the recommendations.