Question
Posted by: Lee | 2010/06/02

Low Iron

Dear Doc,I was hospitilised recently and was on a glucose drip, antibiotics and pain medication was administered via the drip. Everytime I was given something my heart would start racing and I''d get palpitations. I was given pethadene, starting hyper-ventilating and was given oxygen for a while. A full blood count wasn''t done in hospital. When I was released my Iron was 9.7. Could my reactions have been due to low iron? Can one be allergic to pethadene? Thanks

Hallo Lee
Yes you can be allergic to pethidine but it would usually cause a rash or swelling. One can get palpitations with a low iron (anemia) but it would usually happen during physical activity like walking fast.

2
Posted by: boomsie | 2010/06/03

i was also in hospital recently, and doc told me the pulpitations ans hypeeventilations is just because im scared, he says its all in the mind. i figured out one could actualy fake it, and no one will notice . lol!

Reply to boomsie
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/02

Hallo Lee