Question
Posted by: Kim | 2010/05/19

Low iron

Hi, I have low iron and I am struggling to get it up. I''ve taken iron pills, molasses, a multivitamin high in iron, increased my bean and meat intake but nothing helps! I''m exhusted, wake up tired, struggle to make it through the day... I''m eating a banana a day to help but it doesn''t much. What else can I do?

Hi Kim
The cause of the low iron must be found - are you losing blood somewhere? Some patients don't absorb iron very well and needs IV treatment or injections.

2
Posted by: Susan | 2010/05/20

I had excatly the same symptoms and nothing helped either. Only solution is to visit your gp who will refer you to a specialist who will conduct bloodtests, these tests together with a motivational letter will be send to your medical aid for approval for intra-venous iron drip. Believe me its the only thing that works. I had this drip 2yrs ago and up until now I never suffered from low iron levels again. The sooner you go to the doc the better, its not going to get better. If you do not go to a dr, you might start getting dizzy and fainting.

Reply to Susan
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/05/20

Hi Kim

Reply to cyberdoc