Posted by: Chanti | 2008-11-26

Low insulin level - URGENT

Good day

My doctor tested my blood and i have low insulin levels in my blood. Is it the same as diabetes type 2? Please help me with a diet i dont know what to eat. The doctor said that i must eat healthy and exercise alot.

Please please help.......

Dear Chanti
I think that the dr may have said that you have insulin resistance which means that although your body is making insulin, the insulin does not do its job properly. It is essential for anyone with insulin resistance (IR) to consult a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your IR, medications and other conditions such as overweight, into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes’. Regular daily aerobic exercise for at least 30 min per day can also help you to improve your insulin and glucose levels, so start doing an aerobic exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).

Posted by: sugar | 2008-11-26

Glucophage is normaly precribe to people with Diabetes 2.
So with " eat healthy and exercise" 
They call it insulin resistins.

Low insulin more like diabetes 1
Hope it help till dietdoc answer you.

Reply to sugar
Posted by: Chanti | 2008-11-26

Sorry Doc

My doctor also put me on Glucophage for 3 months.

Please help.

Reply to Chanti