Question
Posted by: Thandi | 2010/02/03

Low imune systen

I suffer from terrible athrites both in my legs and hands, sometimes even my hips suffer, I heve ben treated with several drugs but the one drug that works for me is PREDNESONE. Now I was told that I should not take it for more than 3 moths, and I have tried to leave it with no success. What happens is just a day after I stop taking it, the pains simple return until I take it again. As a result my imune syetem is low and I am prone to infections, such as shingles and the lot. Please Dr. What Can i take to boost my imune system? I am scared of onother shingle attach. I aos suffer from heart failure and Suger diabetes. Please help.

Hallo Thandi
If possible, you should see a rheumatologist, as there are other drugs available for arthritis. Ask your GP to refer you to one, if you have a medical aid or otherwise ask at outpatients for a referral. Some people do take predisone longterm and sometimes this is all that helps. One can get a vaccination against shingles and you can take something like Moducare to stimulate your immune system.

2
Posted by: marifel | 2010/06/08

We would like to know about what tb athritest.
what is the best medicine for this?

Reply to marifel
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/03

Hallo Thandi

Reply to cyberdoc