Question
Posted by: Vinod indurje | 2009-07-27

Low hearing

I also have loss of hearing in one ear. It doesnt affect my eyes etc, just hearing is a bit low, been like this for past 5 years and I feel its getting worse.
Please advise

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Vinod Indurje
As mentioned in a previous reply, an ENT examination is advised to establish a possible cause. This will also include an audiogram, to establish the degree, as well as the type of hearing loss. It could either be a conductive loss (problem with the sound getting to the cochlea), or a sensory neural hearing loss, which implies that the nerve is damaged. In some cases a combination, or so called mixed hearing loss may be found. Depending on the cause, management will be suggested.