Question
Posted by: LABGIRL | 2011-10-24

LOW HB

Hi, I have a very low HB at the moment (between 5 and 7.5), and am on iron tablets. I would like to know what type of foods can I eat to increase my HB?

Labgirl

Foods rich in iron, like shell fish, chicken, liver, beef, red meat, turkey, fish, pork and guavas, will be beneficial. You can also supplement with Vitamin C, as this will help with iron absorption.

1
Posted by: Sue | 2011-10-25

Blackstrap Mollasses is very good to bring your iron up. You can buy it at Dischem, inexpensive at around R15.00 a bottle, which will last you a couple of months. It tastes vile, so the best way to take it is fast! It comes in a Squeezy bottle, so squeeze out a teaspoon''s worth each morning, and swallow it quick. Follow it with some water to rinse you mouth out. It is incredibly good for anaemia.

Reply to Sue