Question
Posted by: LIESL | 2011-09-17

Low HB

June 2009 it was found that my HB has dropped to 2. I went to hospital for a blood transfution where upon they gave me 5 ampules Venofer. The last 3 months i had severe headaches extemely tired blured vision nausea en pain in my right hip. I work hard and is between 14 - 16 hours a day on my feet. Im 40. Since two weeks ago im very short of breath get sweats when i eat anything even small portions. I had my HB tested again and its 8. I dont have any place that i bleed from. Can you advice me on a possible reason what can be the matter ?

Liesl

You will have to consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests, as well as a number of special tests, to determine if there is a problem with the absorption of iron in your gut or a problem with the transportation and storage of iron in the blood or perhaps an occult form of blood loss.

It is very important that you consult a doctor, as your HB is very low for your age and there has to be a reason for this severe drop.