Question
Posted by: Cammy | 2012/01/27

Low GI vs Whole grain

Dearest Doc,

Happy new year to you!
Please clarify for me which would you say is the best option between low Gi and whole grain foods for weight loss!

Thank you kindly

Dear Cammy
Thank you for your good wishes, which I reciprocate wholeheartedly! Both wholegrain and low GI foods can be used successfully to promote weightloss and in the same diet. If the person who needs to lose weight suffers from insulin resistance or PCOS or type 2 diabetes, etc, then it is essential that he/she should use a low-fat, low-GI diet which would of course also contain wholegrain foods. Even individuals who do not have insulin-related problems will probably benefit greatly from a low-fat, low-GI diet.

1

Dear Cammy