Question
Posted by: Lilly | 2010/06/29

Low GI Diet

Hi Doc, I went to a dietician, I''m 54y, and I think I might be insulin resistant (had no tests though, but stomach fat - 102cm). The programme she gave me looks fantastic, but Im just unsure as she gave me 8 carbohydrates and 6 proteins (plus fruit, veg etc.) Im just worried about the amount of carbohydrates, I love it, but will I actually loose weight on all this? Thank you so much!

Dear Lilly
If you eat low-GI carbs (16 kJ per gram or less if the carb contains a lot of fibre) which are not smothered in fat (37 kJ per gram) like butter, margarine, sour cream, mayonnaise, oil, or rich sauces, then you will lose weight. Eating the correct carbs will cause weightloss because they are low in energy, high in fibre and prevent cravings. Stick to the diet the dietitian has given you and you will see results.

2
Posted by: Lilly | 2010/06/30

Thanks Doc, I really appreciate all you hard work, I will give the diet a go! Many blessings.

Reply to Lilly

Dear Lilly