Question
Posted by: Lina | 2010/09/07

Low GI

Please can you let me know where I can find " Guidelines"  as to what to eat or what not to eat in order to follow a low GI diet. I intend starting this regime for two reasons:

1. I am hypoglycemic
2. I need to loose about 5kgs

Your response is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dear Linda
Click on 'Diet and Nutrition' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. You can contact The Glycemic Index Foundation of SA at: www.gifoundation.com to obtain more information, including books that explain the principles of the diet. Because you suffer from hypoglycaemia and the low-GI diet can be quite tricky to apply, I would also recommend that you consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area).

1

Dear Linda