Question
Posted by: Adele | 2009/12/03

Low GI

Hi, I have swopped 3 x provitas a day with 3 x Vital Corn ' s(with no sugar, salt and wheat) because I tend to be wheat intollerant) I was told by my GP I need to upper my fibre intake with +- 6x provita' s a day and see how it goes, but are bit scared. I see on the Vital product the fibre is more and the Carbs +- the same as provita' s. Do you think I am making a good choice. Please advise.

God bless

Dear Adele
If you are wheat intolerant then you should avoid Provitas which are made of wheat. Your choice of Vital Corn which does not contain wheat, but maize instead, is a good idea esp if the product contains the same quantity of fibre as the Provitas. Dried fruits are also a good source of fibre for regularity and don't contain wheat.

1

Dear Adele