Posted by: sunny | 2009-03-12

low fat yoghurt

Hi Doc Im on a healthy diet and it doesnt include any sugar at all(only sugar in fruits ) but before gym Im hungry so I eat 175 ml parmalat low fat yoghurt .the problem is that its sweetened .

My Question is - will eating 175 ml of low fat yoghurt 4 days a week before gym hamper my weight loss ?
Another Question - does eating Yoghurt four times a week healthy ?
I CANT STAND FAT FREE YOGHURT AND FAT FREE MILK , I eat low fat - will that deccelerate weight loss ?

Dear Sunny
Eating 175 ml low-fat, sweetened yoghurt will not hamper your weightloss and it will: a) help you exercise more efficiently because you won't have low blood sugar, and b) it will increase your calcium intake which has been shown to improve weightloss. So eating yoghurt every day is an excellent idea, esp if you are trying to lose weight. If you don't like fat-free dairy products then stick to the low-fat ones instead. Sticking to your diet and doing plenty of aerobic exercise will do the trick.