Question
Posted by: MO | 2011/02/08

LOW FAT PEANUT BUTTER

Hi Doc,

I snack on a crackerbread and low fat peanut butter from wollies (if there is such a thing) every morning, especially when experiencing sugar withdrawal - I have cut down on sugar.

Which one is better - 30g peanuts or spoon of peanut butter?

Dear MO
The SA Food Tables do not list the energy value of low-fat peanut butter, so you will have to check on the label how much this is. According to the Food Tables, peanut butter usually provides 2460 kJ and 50g fat per 100 g, while peanuts contain 2431 kJ and 49.3 g of fat per 100g. Compare these values to the values listed on the low-fat peanut butter label. If the latter contains less energy and fat, then having a teaspoon (5g) of the low-fat peanut butter would be less fattening than standard peanut butter or peanuts.
Enjoy

2

Dear MO
Enjoy

Posted by: CJ | 2011/02/08

Peanuts = sugar withdrawel??? What am I missing here??

Reply to CJ