Question
Posted by: Maya | 2010/11/03

low-dosage Acnetane

Hi Pharmy

Is a low dosage of Acnetane absolutely useless? I am on just 20mg a day (weigh 55kg) and I know of ppl my weight on 80mg/day. I feel my derm surely is being too relaxed. My skin is not terrible but does have considerable ssues. It used to be awful (vulgaris/conglabata) and this is my second time on the drug after the first round worked well to heal the big lesions. Can a round 2 low dosage still work well? My friend on 80mg/day tells me you have to flood the body with isotretinoin for there to be any noticeable effect, is this true?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi - Even at that dose it may definitely still help, and your dermatologist obviously thinks that you'll respond well enough on this dose. I dont believe in more is better, and I'd suggest staying on this dose, unless you have not noticed any effect after 6 weeks of treatment: In that case phone your dermie and as for an upped dose.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/11/05

Reply to pharmacist