Question
Posted by: ELMINAH | 2011/04/14

LOW CHOLESTEROL

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT I HAVE A LOW CHOLESTEROL, I DO NOT WHAT DOES THIS MEAN AND HOW DANGEROUS CAN IT BE. PLEASE ADVICE IF I NEED TO BE ON A CERTAIN DIET

Dear Elminah
High cholesterol is usually regarded as dangerous and many people who struggle to lower their cholesterol, would probably be pleased to be told that their cholesterol levels are low. If you were told that your cholesterol levels are low, did the dr say if he/she was worried about this or not? If the dr said that your so-called HDL-cholesterol levels are low (which is usually associated with simultaneously raised so-called LDL-cholesterol levels), then this would be cause for concern. Please check with the dr or the person who told you that your cholesterol levels are low to determine if they were talking about cholesterol in general or HDL-cholesterol, so that I can see what can be done.

1

Dear Elminah