Question
Posted by: lesley | 2010/11/29

low carb foods

please advise, which shops stock low carb breads, cereals, pasta etc in the kwa zulu natal area.
thanks

Dear Lesley
I am a bit puzzled by your question. Breads, cereals and pasta contain carbohydrates no matter how they are made. You can obtain breads, cereals and pasta that have a high-fibre content or are low-GI or contain no wheat or gluten, but if a bread is made without carbohydrates it would no longer be a bread. You can also obtain wheat-free cereals, but pasta is usually made from white or wholewheat flour. You could ask at your local health shops if you are looking for gluten-free bread and there are many breads, cereals and pasta products that are low-GI.
Please let me know if you mean "wheat-free" or "low-GI" products.

1

Dear Lesley