Question
Posted by: Fletch | 2012/05/08

Low carb diet when trying to conceive

Hi doc

Hubby and I are planning on starting IUi treatments at the end of this month. Want to ask, I am currently on a low carb diet. I am not planning on dieting when pregnant because I know its not healthy for baby, but I want to know, when should I quit my diet to be safe? Should i quit before IUI, when I start IUI or as soon as I find out Im pregnant? We have been trying to conceive for 3 years and I am scared ti do anythig that could jeopardize my pregnancy.

Dear Fletch

It is best to continue with your low GI diet until you detect a pregnancy. The diet should not interfere with your chances of conception and in fact enhance your chances of conception.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/05/13

Dear Fletch

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Bee Sting | 2012/05/09

Hi there Fletch,

Please join us on the Infertility Support Forum. We are a bunch of ladies that is going through the same...ttc and treatments etc.

Good luck :)

Reply to Bee Sting