Posted by: Tk | 2008-11-24

Low cal diet

i go to gym 4 times a week where i do 30 minute work out(10 min walking, 10 minute stepping and 10 minute cycling) 3 times a week i walk for 30 minutes.
Is this enough exercise to lose my excess weight?
I weigh 75kg, 1.53m and 36 yrs old.
I dnt know what to eat and dont want to spend a fortune on foods.
I have trouble eating 5 times a day.
Please advise

Dear TK
It is excellent that you are doing aerobic exercise 7 times a week. This is already a big step in the right direction to lose weight and you will find that as you lose weight and get fitter you can exercise more intensively and for longer periods which will in turn increase the weightloss. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). You will see that this diet basically lists 3 main meals, so you can use them instead of eating 5 times a day. Most of the foods are not expensive.
Keep up the good work