Question
Posted by: Patricia | 2011-10-20

Low body temperature

I''ve had the symptoms of a cold for 2 weeks. The symptoms are: sore throat, persistent cough that brings me to the verge of vomiting, runny nose (only started today) and low body temperature. I was sweating every night about 4 times a night (woke up soaked) and I decided to check if I had a fever. Much to my surprise, my temperature was 35.4. Usually, my body temperature is around 36.6.

Is it normal to get lower body temperature when you have a cold? Is it even a cold? The flu? Allergies? I do have allergies, so I have no clue what I have right now. I''m trying to avoid drugs at all cost. I just had a little bit of garlic and cherry wine and I feel better. Before that, my body temperature was 35.6 and I felt extremely hot. Now I don''t feel so hot anymore.

I usually go to the doctor and he/she prescribes antibiotics, but I just found a tea that cured my IBS symptoms and I''m afraid antibiotics would kill my good bacteria and bring the symptoms back. But if you know if I have a cold, flu, or allergy, I''ll try to find natural remedies instead.

I don''t feel tired, don''t have headaches or any muscle pain and my appetite is normal. If it helps, I''m in my 20''s.

Thank you so much!

Patricia

I do suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination to determine if your symptoms are due to allergies/allergic rhinitis. If it is due to a cold or flu, I suggest bedrest and a high fluid intake.

Your body temperature is not hypothermic. Readings do differ, especially depending on the method and device that is used.