Question
Posted by: Annie | 2010/04/10

Low Bloodsugar and Endo

Is there any connection between low bloodsugar and endometriosis. I have been struggeling with symptoms of low bloodsugar (nausea, dizzyness, shakiing, sweating) and because my sister is a diabetic I check my sugar regularly. Sometimes my sugar goes as low as 2,5mmo/l after I have eaten and sometimes I even experience symptoms if my sugar is 4,2 mmol/l. Does this have anything to do with endo?

Dear Annie

I do not recall any connection between the presence of endometriosis and low blood sugar. It appears that you may be having a problem of a postprandial hypoglycemia. This may be present and may not necessarily be relate to the endometriosis in other words there may be two conditions present and that may be co- existing but not relating. I would also advise you to have your thyroid function checked as some of the symptoms that you are describing may also be related to an over active thyroid gland.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/04/21

Dear Annie

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert