Question
Posted by: Shanaaz Scott | 2010-04-08

Low blood sugar and high blood pressure

Had dizzy spells over wkd and then BP was 160/105 (3 readings) and sugar was 5 and then 4. Was then put on coversyl for a week. Still feeling tired and also tremblings,dizzy, palpatations etc. Doc never did extra tests or advise meds. Wot shud I do, go for 2nd opinion, please assist?

Shanaaz

I strongly suggest that you get a second opinion, as well as blood tests to exclude other pathology, causing your symptoms. A sugar of 5 and 4 is normal. Your blood pressure is however, elevated and Coversyl is a very good drug to use to control high blood pressure.

1

Hi, blackouts have been frequent with the diagnosis as Low blood sugar with High blood pressure. Medication for the high blood pressure are administrated and coke ,sweets are being consumed for the Low blood sugar. Is this the quickest way to stabilize the low blood sugar whilst at home or is there other options? Thank you