Posted by: Wilco | 2013-02-04

Low Blood Sugar

Dear Doc,
I am a 44-year old male.
Last week I suddenly started feeling a dizziness in my head and seeing floating black objects in my one eye. This better and worsened throughout the week end. I also started seeing white spots. I first thought it may be my blood pressure as I had temporary high blood pressure at the end of last year, but although it varries, it is quite normal.
I didn''t test the blood sugar levels yet. I fist want to find out if this may be the problem.
It fluctuated throughout the weekend, some times its better other times it worse.
If it is low blood sugar, what would you recomend I do to resolve the problem?
Thank you very much!

You will have to consult your doctor for a blood test, to determine your insulin and glucose levels. It is difficult to speculate about the cause for your symptoms without blood results. Your symptoms can also be due to hypertension or an increase in blood pressure. Your doctor will also have to look at the pressure inside your eye to exclude a condition like glaucoma.