Posted by: Belinda | 2012-02-15

low blood sugar?

Hi two years ago I was tested and had low blood sugar. I battled with this for a couple of months but then it seemed to go away. Of late I have not been feeling well in the afternoons - shaky, my neck gets sweaty and I feel a bit disorientated and feel like I need to eat. Generally this follows with a headache. I have had my glucose tested twice and it was normal 5.1
what do you think the problem could be or do I need to test at a different time and after fasting perhaps? I generally go in the moring about an hour or so after having some breakfast or coffee

Yes, it is possible that you are suffering from low blood sugar when you experience these symptoms. Test your blood sugar at the time that you are experiencing these symptoms.