Question
Posted by: Thea | 2009/11/17

Low blood pressure (hypotension)

For the past 6 weeks or so I' ve been feeling extremely tired and often dizzy and/or nauseous. About a month ago it was bad enough for me to go to a GP. She diagnosed both middle-ear infection, coupled with post-nasal drip, and low blood pressure (90/60). She prescribed an antibiotic (augmentin) and Serc for the dizziness.

Today, once again without any warning, I felt extremely nauseous and dizzy and went to get my blood pressure measured. At first the machine the sister used did not give a reading and on the second try it was 99/57. I usually have a low blood pressure (100/80), but this past couple of weeks were no fun and games.

I once again have a post-nasal drip, but even when I did not have it, I often experienced the symptoms associated with hypotension. In the past I was able to ignore the occasional low blood pressure incident, but it now manifests almost on a daily basis and often last for 6-16 hours.

I always thought that hypotension is OK and not so dangerous, but after reading up on it a bit, I realised that this is not always the case.

My question, should I go and consult a medical professional? If so, is there a specialist that I should go and consult?

Thea

Hallo Thea
chronic low blood pressure can cause fainting spells and make you feel very tired and washed out. It may be worth your while to see a GP/physician to check for adrenal insufficiency, anemia, kidney disease, diabetes or heart rythm abnormalities.

2
Posted by: Aria | 2016/05/02

I'm 20 year old and feeling dizzy and worn off, nothing major is being experience. I checked my Blood Pressure, which showed 99/57. Is there anything major? Do I need to consult a physician ?

Reply to Aria
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/17

Hallo Thea

Reply to cyberdoc