Posted by: Heilande | 2008-11-04

Low blood pressure during pregnance

I am experiencing low blood pressure, I am 29 weeks pregnant. does it have any dangers for my unborn baby and me, and how can I fix the problem

Dear Heilande
Congratulations on your pregnancy. Low blood pressure should not have an effect on your baby. It is, however, unpleasant for you because it probably makes you feel extra tired and faint. The usual cures include taking medications like Effortil and increasing your salt intake moderately, but because of your pregnancy you cannot take medications and I cannot recommend that you start eating more salt either. This is one case where you need to ask your dr or gynae who is monitoring your pregnancy if you can take any medication or not. In the meanwhile get plenty of rest and be extra careful when you get up that you don’t faint.