Posted by: Momy to be | 2009-01-26

Low blood pressure and pregnant

I have read that from 13 weeks pregnant a persons blood pressure will be lower and can be prone to fainting. Now i am 12 weeks pregnant and i have low blood pressure, is there anything i should be worried about? is there anything i can do to prevent the fainting? Please help. Thank you

Dear Momy to be
There are safe medications one can take if your blood pressure falls too low and causes fainting or neurological symptoms - discuss with your GP as you will need a prescription. It is not dangerous in itself but you could fall and hurt yourself or the baby and it is dangerous when you drive

Posted by: preggy | 2009-03-20

I was told by my GP that i' ve got low blood pressure. I' m 8 months pregnant and my gynae told me there is no such thing called low blood pressure. I will be going through a caesarian section so i' m very much worried about my health

Reply to preggy