Question
Posted by: Petru Grobler | 2012/11/26

Low Blood Pressure

Hi, I was wondering if you can tell me what I can do to prevent low blood pressure? Today (26 Nov 2012) my blood pressure dropped and I ate salty things but it only helped for a few hours and then it dropped again. Please can you help me? Am I eating something wrong or getting the right food in?

Dear Petru
Low blood pressure can be treated with medications like Effortil and by increasing your salt intake moderately. Do not use more than 3g of table salt per day as excessive intakes can harm the kidneys. It may help to have a medical checkup so that you can ask your doctor what medications can be used to increase your blood pressure.