Question
Posted by: Lynne | 2011/04/16

Low Blood Pressure

I am 62 female and have always had fairly low blood pressure. I had it tested this week and it was 95 / 48. Is this something to worry about? Should I see a Dr about it? Can it cause feelings of anxiety? Depression? I have panic attacks (I think!!) as I fall asleep.

Lynne

If your low blood pressure is not influencing your daily activities, it is not something to be concerned about. You should ask your doctor to treat your feelings of anxiety and depression but I do not think that it is related to your low blood pressure readings.