Question
Posted by: Natash | 2010-05-21

Low blood pressure

Hi Doctor. Usually my blood pressure is normal, but after the latest reading and looking visible ''out of it'', my blood pressure is 105/60. I was advised to increase my salt intake. My BMI is just just on the normal, although I eat healthily and genetically my family members are on the thin side. Question: recently I have been very hot at night, when I wake up my back and torso area are clammy and I know that I have perspired. Is this anything to worry about?

Natasha

Please do not increase your salt intake, as this can lead to high blood pressure. Rather use salt moderately and aquire a home blood pressure monitor, in order for your to monitor your blood pressure readings. A normal blood pressure reading is 120/75.

The sweating at night is nothing to be concerned about but I suggest that you have yourself tested for tuberculosis, as this is the most common reason for night sweats.