Posted by: Lanie Potgieter | 2009-08-24

Low Blood pressure

What supplement can I take for a combination of low blood sugar/pressure and iron shortage. Although I eat breakfast within 30 min after I wake up, I still feels dizzy/light-headed within 2 hours after breakfast. Especially if I' m very busy at work.
Any diet-adjustments or supplements you can prescribe?

Dear Lanie
Try to eat protein and low GI, high fibre carbohydrate with each meal and avoid sugar - sugar tends to cause insulin peaks that can cause a drop in blood sugar. It may also help to eat a snack between meals - like a small tub of yogurt and an apple, or 2 provitas and some cheese. Manna tablets can also help to stabilize your blood sugar. (
You have to test your blood to determine if you really have an iron shortage, and then your doctor will prescribe iron tablets/B vitamins if needed.