Posted by: Diane | 2009-05-16

Low blood pressure

Hello - my mom is 71 years old and suffers from low blood pressure. Could you advise what she should do to increase her blood pressure? I have been told that she should eat a lot of salt. Could she possible take salt tablets? She does also suffer from ulcerative colitis so is careful with her medication that she takes.
She often feels dizzy and is tired all the time. I would appreciate if you could give me some advise on how to help her.
Thank you so much! Diane

The main goal will be to treat her ulcerative colitis optimally. Salty snacks will increase her blood pressure and I will suggest that she asks her doctor about re-hydrate.

Kind regards