Question
Posted by: Nuraan | 2009/05/07

Low Blood Pressure

What sort of diet is usually recommended for people with low blood pressure

Dear Nuraan
The only change that one can make to the diet to try and increase bp is to add slightly more table salt to foods. It is, however, important that you don't overdo you salt intake as excess intakes can cause kidney problems. You need to discuss this low bp problem with a medical dr because there are medications like Effortil that can help for this condition.
I hope you can get your low bp under control

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/21

I have a concern of what to avoid when suffering from low-blood pressure, as i get it bad with chest pains and also continuous dizzy spells until i take the dark green tablet - think it is iron supplement - my doctor just marked on the tablets low-blood. I tend to love drinking hot lemon water, and someone told me it might be that causing it?is there any other way of not drinking water plain but adding 1 thing to like honey,lemon,sugar and it still be healthy?

Posted by: Virna | 2009/05/20

I have a concern of what to avoid when suffering from low-blood pressure, as i get it bad with chest pains and also continuous dizzy spells until i take the dark green tablet - think it is iron supplement - my doctor just marked on the tablets low-blood. I tend to love drinking hot lemon water, and someone told me it might be that causing it... i do drink alot of it, as I dont like drinking normal tap water, I strangely get nauseas, and so I need to get water in right, but does the lemon water interfere with the H2O formula by adding fresh lemon juice/lemon juice from the shop and does it also affect my blood pressure?I have now started to add 1/2tsp sugar/honey thinking it might prevent this from happening? pls advise URGENTLY. I have being to 7 dieticians no one has helped.

Reply to Virna
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/08

Do not worry! You will not die from low blood pressure!!!!
As you get older, the blood pressure will increase.

My dad died at 86, his blood pressure was always low.
So, manny years for you to life!