Question
Posted by: J | 2009/02/27

Low Blood Pressure

Hi, I had a vitamin B injection yesterday and shortly afterwards almost fainted. When my blood pressure was taken it was 80 over 40. I did not have this reaction in the past when receiving injections. I also had a good meal about 2 hours before the incident.After lying down for quite some time, it recovered to 110 over 80, but I continued to feel weak and lightheaded when I resumed work. Is it most likely vasovagal syncope or should I consult my GP?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It was most likely a vasovagal attack and I do not think you have to be concerned.